Saturday, November 1, 2008

Just an awesome week!!!!

This week was just one of those weeks where you feel like you are a decent mom, an okay wife and a general pretty good person all together.


Sunday of last week I took Taylor and Haley to walk around Alton Baker park. It was an absolutely beautiful day and well Cam was at school and I didn't want to miss the sun. We walked on the Prefontaine trail and it motivated me to start running again. (I am completely not an accomplished runner and haven't ran on a super consistent basis since a friend of mine and I use to go together before we had kids. I don't know how we did it but we got up at like 5:45 maybe earlier.)


Monday was just a good day. I had to go to work for a little bit and then we went to go through rocks in the river. The littlest things make Taylor so happy.


Tuesday I tried to clean the house. This has been an on going project for like ever. Most of the house is clean except well my bedroom and the bathroom. We went to swim lesson. Taylor is doing fantastic and just loves them. We carved pumpkins. Cam's did Darth Vader, Jason (my brother) did the scary one, I did the happy face and Taylor (well Cam and I) did the Spider. I made Pumpkin Slush for dessert.


Wednesday I had lunch with my friend Rachel, well that's what we are calling it but we ended up just shopping. Old Navy was having some great sales and nothing quite fits so I was happy to spend a little bit of money so I could put away some pregnancy clothes. That night we celebrated Grandma Judy's birthday. I made tortilla soup and Mexican Caesar Salad. I also made pumpkin bars for the girls I visit teach. I can't wait to get back to work just so I can stop cooking.


Thursday I had lunch with my friend Lindsey. After being home for two months it was so nice to have some non mommy moments even though the kids were totally with me. I then had to go to the elections office to straighten out my address so I can vote. While we were down town we decided to go to the public library. As soon as we got there Taylor wanted to play and I wanted to read him books. We are going to try to go on Wednesdays to storytelling.

Then Friday came. Halloween. Taylor wanted to be a storm trooper. Then it got a little out of hand.




As you can see Haley became Yoda, Aunt Jenn was dressed as R2D2, Jason is OBI WAN, I was princess Leia and Cam was Han Solo. It was a great time. As we walked around we giggled as there was one adult and 3 or 4 kids. We were Four adults with 1 kid. Yeah pretty geeky but fun. Here are some additional pics




So now we are trying to think of something fun for next year. Any ideas let me know. I was thinking, Wizard of Oz but I want to be the one with the lights under my outfit. Jennifer got comments all night long. It was great fun and I am glad that my whole family got into it.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your costumes! I wish we could pull something like that off! Maybe next year we'll be cool. You guys ROCK!

    ReplyDelete