Cam and I have now been married 7 years and one month. Can you believe it? I didn't do anything fun or exciting for our seven year anniversary. I was actually in PDX taking a section of my cpa exam and Cam was in school. Really it was a pretty lame way to celebrate so I thought I would dedicate this post to Cameron David Langworthy.
Fun times have been had over the past seven years. We have started an annual raft trip with family and friends. I love the Rogue River and with Cam as our guide you just can't go wrong. (Unless your Jennifer and you don't have your life jacket on as we go down rapids.)
There have been many, many hours of baseball played in the house and outside. Cam is a great pitcher and when I have the choice between Daddy or Taylor, I will almost always choose Cam.
When Cam and I were first married we would play catch behind our apartment. It was so much fun.
My all time favorite is when Cam tried to scare me, (oh wait he tries to scare me all the time). We had been to the movies with some friends of ours to see Moth man prophecies. SCARY!! As Cam and I were laying in bed that night Cam kept flashing a light. As I would ask him if he saw that. He of course would say, "NO. What are you talking about?" acting all innocent. I really thought my mind was wigging out only to find out later it was Cam. He is quite the trickster,
Another one of my favorite memories was when I fell asleep on the couch watching a movie, Cam decided to hide from me so he could scare me. A few hours later I was still sleeping on the couch and Cam was still hiding in the closet.
I love that Cam decided to quit his job to go back to school. He made a long term commitment that he wanted to be a better provider for our family. How thankful I am for that decision and even morte thankful that we are almost done with school.
Cam has got to be the greatest Dad ever. I don't know many men that would play and laugh with their sons the way Cam does. There are nights that Taylor will lay in bed just giggling with his dad. (Taylor's giggle just warms my heart) They have lots of things they do together. Dad plays the name game and finds all the funnest goofy names he can think of. Some of Taylor's favorite Judy, Martin, R2, and Luke just to name a few. One time Taylor asked Cam to do his duck, I am sure you know where that ended.
Cam does this dance when Taylor's story get to a certain part. I can't explain it but Taylor loves it.
We have spent many of fun nights playing games. I love pictionary, even if my stick figures do not look like much, he is always patient with me and wants me on his team.
When I found out I had to have a c-section with Taylor Cam brought such a presence of peace and comfort to me. There was that same moment with Haley that I will never forget.
There are nights that I must say are not very exciting at our house, (for those of you who don't know I fall asleep rather early) but his presence adds such a special feeling to our home. I love you honey and am thankful for everything you do for me, Taylor and Haley. The last 7 years and one month have been truly amazing.
I LOVE YOU, CAM !!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Boo! Did I scare you? I love you too.
ReplyDeleteI am glad Cam is in our family too!!!
ReplyDeleteI forgot about some other things that made me laugh. Jennifer might remember these. His Springfield Gangsta walk. He was so goofy when we were dating. His nickname was Cameronita cause he was one of the girls.
ReplyDeleteSounds like such a fun-filled life so far! Hope the next 7 years and 1 month are just as wonderful!
ReplyDeletep.s. Haley looks just like you in that pic under this post! So cute!!!
Aaah! You guys are soooo sweet. I realized I forgot your anniversary (Now I know why--I was busy praying for your exam) and have been meaning to wish you a happy one, so I'll do it now Happy Anniversary. xoxo
ReplyDeleteHi Kristy!! Thanks for following my blog! Love from Turkey!! I miss you guys : )
ReplyDelete