Friday, November 7, 2008

Haley's Birth

Cam is totally the photographer in our house. When going through pictures he is never in any photo. I think for Christmas we are getting each other a new small digital camera (hopefully I will actually use this one, I am scared of our current digital camera/video camera). Because Cam takes the photos they are actually on his laptop not mine. The previous pictures posted were photos from my brother's myspace blog.

Well I am here in Medford visiting for my mom's 52nd Birthday. Happy Birthday Mom. I was playing on her computer and saw some really cute pictures. I love visiting mom because she lets me have some down time where she holds the adorable grand baby.

The pictures to follow is for my journaling purposes but feel free to read.

Don't look if you don't want to see major pregnant belly. I again gained way to much weight and am now trying to work it off and when I say work I mean work. Look at my cute hair . I miss you Megan wish you were here. I haven't got my hair highlighted since this picture I think it has been four months. If you know a great hairstylist in the Eugene area please let me know. This was a week before our little Haley was born. I had a planned c-section for originally August 17th. When bile acid levels were normal the doctor decided to push the c - section back a few days. It was kind of nice because I had four extra days with my replacement at work and it gave me some down time. We went a head and still had the family shower, which was super nice. My favorite part was the chocolate fountain and the cheese fondue (no wonder I gained so much weight). Here is the crew before the c-section. My mom and my hubby Cam. It is such a miraculous event, even when you don't have to push. A planned c-section is a lot easier to recover from then an unplanned c-section. When Taylor was born I was in labor for 24 hours and had dilated to 9 1/2 centimeters before I was told that I would need a c-section. Dr. Reilly was running a little late but because I was the first scheduled c-section that day I had priority. YEAH us!!!! I absolutely loved the hospital stay. McKenzie Willamette is great. The nurses were exceptional, except one which I will get into later and the food in the middle of the night kept Cam sleeping on the couch. The room we were in was great. It was at the far end of the maternity wing and close to the operating room. I felt very much like we were on our own. It was great. With the new hospital opening a few weeks earlier, the hospital just wasn't that busy.
Cute little Baby Haley. She was born at roughly 8:00 am on 7/22/08. I had a c-section and the spinal was very painful. The doctor kept hitting my nerves when he was trying to place the spinal. It was really hard to stay as still as possible and the pain I was feeling. I was grateful when Cam and my mom joined me in the operating room. A spinal is very different then an epidural (which is what I had with Taylor). I wasn't prepared for being able to feel them pull and push on my belly.

That is our cute little Haley Renee. When I first saw her in the operating room I was a little nervous. It took her a little while to start to cry and man was she blue. I didn't remember Taylor being that blue. I couldn't believe that she had so much hair. I loved her hair. She weighed 7 lbs 6 oz and was 21 inches long. We had a hard time deciding whether or not she looked like Taylor. Once I got her in my arms and a hat on her head (Taylor was bald) and snuggled in, we decided she looked like her big brother Taylor.

This picture was taken shortly after little Haley was born. Taylor is four and a half. He has loved Haley from the start. With a c-section you get to stay in the hospital for four days. It is super nice. My mom and Jennifer took care of Taylor. Lots of people came to visit us in the hospital.
Family: Brother Taylor, Grandma Renee, Great Grandpa Max, Uncle Jason, Aunt Jennifer, Grandma Judy, Aunt Leslie, Grandpa Dan, Tina, Erin and Andrea.
Friends: Jim and Annie Martin, Lindsey Glazier and Laura Harwood and Finnegan.


For the most part the hospital visit was great. Haley took to breast feeding quite easily. The nurses were all very surprised that I didn't need their help. I would get up and walk around and other then the need for pain meds, I didn't really require much. Pain meds was the only time I decided that I didn't like one of my nurses. Through out the stay I had a lot of the same nurses and we had a system. They would bring pain pills on the scheduled time that we had discussed or at least bring up pain meds at the appropriate time. Then the bad nurse came, it was about time for my pain meds and the nurse didn't come and I fell asleep. I woke up because the pain was excruciating. We buzzed the nurses and told her I needed pain meds right away. The nurse didn't come, and didn't come and didn't come. When you are in that much pain every second seems horrible because you know once you get the meds you are going to have to wait even longer for them to kick in. Cam called the nurse again. She didn't come. I told you the hospital wasn't that busy we were getting mad. Cam went looking for her and finally she came. By that time I was in tears. Frustrated with myself for falling asleep and frustrated that she didn't bring the pain pills. She explained that legally she was not supped to offer pain medication. I explained that all the other nurses were watching my pain level and asking me how I was feeling at the appropriate times. It would have been nice if we were on the same page.

Other then that it was great. Taylor was great at the hospital. Uncle Jason was so good to him and they would go and color in the waiting room. He would get bored and act up a little bit. He liked to call the nurses station a lot. At first Cam and I were pretty sure that we didn't want to go through this again but now that it has been 2 1/2 months we are open to the idea of having more. I bet once Haley is closer to the year mark and can interact with dad a little bit more he will think that even more.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did you remove Jason's comment?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I removed Jason's comment because it was lame. He was correcting a spelling error. I don't feel that it is necessary to have to worry about making sure that I have spelled everything correctly and used proper punctuation. This is like my journal that I happen to be sharing with others. Please feel free to add comments at will but do not feel free to correct me in my writing I find it offensive.

    Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You forgot that Kelly and Ryan came with their family.

    Tina is doing hair in Eugene if you want her number...

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete