Haley has had such a hard times sleeping. It drives me crazy. I not only have to hold her all the time to get to sleep, if I lay her down she wakes up. Most nights of the week she will sleep in her crib from roughly 10:00 to 1 or 2 in the morning, and then she wants to be held. It is the cause of a lot of frustration and distress and a very tired mommy. I have tried a few times to let her fall asleep on her own but it doesn't go well. She can cry for like an hour. Living in an apartment I worry about letting her cry and bothering the neighbors, plus it is really hard on me to listen to her cry for an hour. When Taylor was born a girlfriend and I would chat on the phone while our children were crying themselves to sleep. (I wish you lived in town still, I totally would have called you.)
Today was a good day. Taylor had a friend come over to play and Cam left to go to the football game. I figured with both of them distracted and gone it might be a time to let her cry. (Especially, because our upstairs neighbors our out of town). Haley fell asleep in my arms and I laid her down. I was so excited she was sleeping in her crib. I was on the phone to Cam discussing it with him when I heard her cry. It was so disheartening. I went in and gave her her passey. I knew she was still tired (it had been maybe 20 min since I put her down). I let her cry and it was great because I was in the middle of changing laundry and helping Taylor and Ryan (his friend) get along, making chex mix by the time I was ready to go check on her I realized she wasn't crying. Of course I have this huge fears of SIDS and so I was very tempted to go check on her but I waited a while and then went in. She is sleeping. WOO HOO !!!!
Mom - 1 Baby - 24
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, Kristy. It's such a hard thing. But you'll be so relieved and freed if you get her to the point she can sleep on her own. I love you! xoxo
ReplyDeleteHey! I saw that you are following my blog! I found your's, so now I can see what you are up to!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on Hayley!! I'm so glad you got your baby girl. Pink is super fun, no? Sorry, I am a total slacker in the commenting thing. As you know babies have a way of sucking up all free time.
ReplyDeleteAh, Babywise training is tough; but it is now so much than the first time around. Both Thomas and Laura were sleeping through the night by 8 weeks. Good luck!
Good for you! It's hard to listen to them cry, but the payoff later is worth it!
ReplyDeleteWay to go Kristi! I know it's SO HARD to let your baby cry. I had some rough days and nights with cade but we both made it through without dying and he ended up sleeping through the night. Good luck! I hope she continues to do well for you! :)
ReplyDeleteAhaaaa Victory!!!! Isn't it great to win that one!
ReplyDelete