I sat next to the most amazing woman on my flight out here. It was super nice to sit with someone I could chat with. I can't remember exactly how the conversation got started. But we started talking about how I was an accountant. She also was a CPA and taught at BYU. I had attended BYU and it came about that we were both Mormon. She had recently remarried and had moved to DC.
She asked me how it was working and did I feel like I was judged. Being a working mom with in the church I often feel a little judged. People will make comments like "I am glad my wife wants to be a stay at home." I know because I work I take comments like this a little to personally but I often feel like I am judged.
It was nice to speak with a professional women who had raised four kids. She also had worked and gone to school when she had little kids. Something that I know I had also done. She said that I was a bright determined women.
She asked me where I was going to attend church. I really hadn't even thougth about it. My plan was to sleep in, have breakfast in bed and relax the rest of the day. But with that I thougth okay I will try to go to church. I found a chapel two miles away. I ran 6 miles on Saturday whats walking two miles. Well I walked there it was hot and humid but I loved it only to make it to the chapel to find out they were at Stake Conference. :( Oh well. At least I tried right. I really felt like there was something I was supposed to learn there.
She talked abbout how they prayed about different things, and she had the ensign. So much of my life I have given myself the excuse I work I don't have time but really I need to start making the time. I hope in 15 years I am able to be an example of being a working women with in the church that really has managed both well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
All that matters to me is that you're happy!
ReplyDelete