Wednesday, June 9, 2010

DC



My presentation was good. It wasn't perfect but we accomplished it and the feedback which was not all positive was good and I learned a lot. Which is really the most important part. The reason I didn't post yesterday was because we had a super long day. First we left the hotel @ 7:45 and didn't return until 10:30. I spoke with my kids and then went to bed. In the evening we spent time wandering around the presidential momuments. It was the perfect evening. I thoroughly enjoyed Washington, Jefferson, Franklin and the Lincoln memorial. Of course because I am in leadership development seeing these monuments for these amazing leaders was truly .... inspirational.




We saw the vietnam war memorial again truly inspirational. It is amazing what others have done for our freedom.




We also saw the white house. AMAZING! I am not a huge history buff but it made me want to learn everything I possibly could. Luckily that desire quickly left but the desire to visit the area with my husband lives on. He is an amazing historian and could fill me in. Here are some pictures of course my dumb phone was dead and so I only got two but it was still amazing.


I was missing my family. I am so glad that I will be home in a little over two days. I love you Taylor, Haley and Cam.

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous! Micah has spent time in DC and loved it, he talks about going back to visit all the time. Glad your learning alot, can't wait to see you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete