Sunday, September 26, 2010

The end of Summer

I was thinking the other day that I am really not very good at this but I am sure that I will at least be happy that I have documented some of our lives even if it is every other month.

August brought a lot of fun. I spent a week in Atlanta at conference and then got to visit North Carolina. I absolutely loved North Carolina. It reminded me a lot of Oregon beautiful and Green. It was an absolute blast and the trip was so very much fun. When I told Cam all the fun things we (Megan and I) he asked me if I was back in high school and yes a lot of it was very High School.

Cam plays softball every summer and played in a tournament down in Roseburg. They placed 2nd but had a great time.

We went to three M's Games this summer. Super fun. Cam even had a bbque with some guy friends and went to the game while I was out of town.

Max and Morgan came down from Portland for our yearly raft trip. It was an absolute blast. You have to love the Rogue River. We ended up not camping because time just did not allow it but we had a blast and played hard. We went to Florence and hung out there.

We saw Amy for a brief moment at Wikiup camp ground where the family had a little memorial for Grand Dad.

Haley turned two. How did my little baby get so old. I don't know but she is quite precious. She can communicate really well and is the absolute princess.

We rafted over Labor day with Dad and Tina. It was fun. I will say my favorite part is the warm cinnamon rolls. :) YUMMY oh and I also enjoyed the cold pizza. I think that is going to be a new tradition. Camping was awesome but a little bit funny. Thanks Mom for taking Haley I will admit I enjoyed the day to myself reading and laying in the tent. But the night now that was interesting. One night Taylor woke up completely disoriented. I am sure he just needed to pee and go back to bed but the events to probably follow woke up the whole camp ground. He was sleeping in Jason's tent and started coughing. Jason afraid of puking got him out of his tent where he decided to take off running. Taylor then Screams to let him go and starts talking gibberish. (this happens at home we pee and he goes back to bed no biggie). I wake up and say get the car keys lets put him in the car (to muffle the noise not steal the kid but I am sure if you are waking up to this kid freaking out you might think otherwise). I finally get him calmed down he practically pees on Jason and falls instantly back to sleep. The next day he was a little embarrassed. I told him to hold his head up high it was not biggie.

Then September begins our first day of first grade. He happens to be in a 1/2 blend and was a little bit worried because most of his friends happened to be in the other classes. He was super excited when he realized that he still got to have recess with his friends.

Cam is enjoying getting back into the routine of things and Haley is loving the gym "Play" is what she calls it.

I recently got a promotion to Director of Finance. Pretty excited :) It is amazing how blessed our family is.

Well we hope all of you are having a fabulous September.

No comments:

Post a Comment