Sunday, February 7, 2010

January in a nut shell.

Well January came and went. I can remember my parents saying how fast time goes as you grow and I guess it really is true. Here is what happened in January.

Cam began a Weight loss Challenge at our gym. With this he asked if he could get a trainer and of course I said yes. If you would like to check on his progress visit http://camsquest@blogspot.com. It has been super fun to watch his transformation. In the month of January he lost 19 pounds. Way to go honey keep up the good work.

Taylor started back to school. He is doing really well. He has started reading the scriptures at night all by himself. My favorite part of his reading is he reads me stories at night and wakes me up when he comes across a word he doesn't know. He has anxiously been awaiting his Luigi doll and just the other day the UPS man came to the door and Taylor asked if he was bringing him Luigi. He is such an amazing sweet boy. We have been limiting video games at our house and have found other things to do. My favorite is playing SORRY. Taylor loves it and is really quite good at it. Taylor wanted me to add that He is loving going to school. He has lost of friends and a girlfriend named Isabella. She is hot. (which means she is beautiful). One of the mom's in the room just compared Taylor to Dougie Houser. He is super smart and we are so proud of him.

Sissy is learning to talk. She also screams anytime Tay touches her. We are almost completely done with bottles and she drinks her milk out of a cup. She absolutely loves drinking out of straws. Her new favorite TV show is Blues Clues. Cam is probably much appreciated that we recently received another DVD.

(Oh yeah that is also big news. January was the first month without Cable and it has not been missed one bit. Other than feeling like I have no idea what is going on in the world I do not mind missing out on Lost, 24, Criminal Minds and any other TV show that I would get sucked into.)

Sissy loves to feed herself and has really started enjoying peanut butter and jelly. Her new favorite words are Up, Mom (sometimes she says it all day long) we are working on please. She also has learned to sign More. The other week we realized that she has most of her molars. We had no idea that she was getting teeth. We were grateful that we missed all the crankiness.

I spent a week in Maryland at a leadership conference. It was fun but along time to be away from my family. Cam did excellent and was able to stick to his routine because of my awesome friends who took care of the kids everyday.

We had our second game night with all of our friends and it was a blast. I love the new tradition. Cam and I have really been trying to have date night and Thanks to my awesome family most of the time we haven't had to pay for a babysitter, which makes this much more possible. The biggest news this month is that I can officially call myself a CPA.

Well I am supposed to be working on Sharing time but just wanted to get in a quick update and continue to procrastinate.

I hope January found all of you happy and healthy.

2 comments:

  1. I love that Tay has a girlfriend who is hot!!!! That's hilarious!!!!! Things sound so good for you guys. Way to go on giving up TV I think about it all the time but don't know when or if I'll be able to do it. And major congrats on your huge accomplishment of becoming a CPA, that's incredible!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude update a little more for me will you!!! I need to stalk all my friends and see what new things they are doing! Tonight was a blast... even if it was just the 3 of us!

    ReplyDelete