Friday, January 29, 2010

How much is enough faith?

Yesterday I was giving the kids a bath and Taylor says "How much faith do you need to have to walk on water?". I then realize he is trying to put his foot on the water. It made me laugh. But if anyone has a really good answer for this question I am all ears. Cam was at the Gym and I said something about Heavenly Father doesn't answer our prayers when we are testing him and that is a perfect question to ask your dad tomorrow.

It brought back a memory of me though. I was nineteen and had a hit a pole with my car and didn't want to tell my parents. I prayed and prayed for Heavenly Father to fix my car and would eagerly go check every morning and yes the scratch was still there. I did this for a week before I decided it wasn't going to work. However I did not decided to call my parents and the scratch is still there. Poor little Corolla.

I must say I was rather impressed with his knowledge of the scripture story where I believe Peter is walking on water to meet Jesus and when he doubts him he begins to sink. Got to love those scripture movies (cause I don't know where else it could have come from) even if they aren't 100% accurate.

1 comment: