When I started this blogging I thought this was a great way to keep a journal. Well we can all see how good I am at keeping a journal. Well I will start with Taylor and we will go from there.
Taylor - Taylor started kindergarten in September. His teach is Mrs. McKrola and Mrs. Terry, he is attending Willagelespie School. So far he absolutely loves it. He is a little sad that he doesn't go to full day kindergarten but he still loves it. We just recently had parent teacher conference where the teach asked us if we wanted to have Taylor tested for T.A.G. Cam and I don't think that is necessary at this time. He is reading in the 93 percentile and we just recently had his reading level tested and he reads at a grade level of 1.8. Taylor now needs to read a book a night by himself it is rather fun. He recently read Green Eggs and Ham and loved it. He has some new friends Jackson and Ayden. It has been super fun. We have lots of play dates and what Alexis (the boys mom) calls Cookie Wednesday and sleep overs. It really has been fun. This summer Taylor got to go rafting for the first time. I was really nervous but he did great and he loved it.
Haley - Well she is now 14 months old. She also loves to read her favorite books are Brown Bear, and Polar Bear. She will sit on your lap and read for hours. She has been sleeping through the night for quite sometime (which I must say that I love). Church has gotten a little bit hard because she doesn't like to sit still. I take her to primary with me where she can kind of wonder around. She only has 5 teeth. She is going to need a hair cut any day. She is an absolute joy to have around. She loves to help me when I am using the dish washer. Her favorite thing to do is to climb up on the dishwasher and to play in the water that is on the door. She sometimes likes to drink it. It is so absolutely funny. She really has brought us together as a family. She loves her brother Taylor and they play so cutely together.
Mom - I ran my first half marathon in September with Lindsey. It was pretty dang awesome. Our time was a little over 11:11 minute miles. Which is slow but for my first it was fine. From there I have continued to do quite a bit of running. I typically run 4 days a week, 3 of those days I run at the gym, the fourth day Lindsey and I meet outside and do our long run. It really is fun and I love the mornings were we talk and gossip it is great. I keep hoping that running will help me lose weight and it has a little bit but not a ton. I recognize that my eating is what really makes a difference. We will see I am continually trying to lose weight. (I know it is an absolutely endless goal but I guess I will keep trying). My goal is to do the Eugene marathon 26.2 baby we will see how it goes.
I have finally met some really nice girls that I absolutely adore it seems like I have been so busy for so long that I don't really have time for friends. Tawny and Alexis are awesome they have helped me realize how important it is to be with friends and to be girls. We have dessert Thursday nights. Every other Thursday we go out for dessert and then have dessert in the other Thursday.
I have a relatively new calling at church. I laughed a little bit when I got the call. I am the second councilor in the primary presidency. It is super funny because I feel like I am way to young to have such a grown up calling. (I guess I really am getting old). So far I have really enjoyed working with the other members of the presidency. It is challenging but great.
CAM - Words really don't describe the gratitude that I feel for my husband. He is amazing. He currently is finishing up his last class for his degree and stays home with the little ones. Many times I come home and find him absolutely exhausted from playing with the kids and he still helps me make dinner and clean up the house. He does Taylors reading homework before I get home so we don't have to try to fit it in. The other day I came home and he said something about how he doesn't feel very manly. I know that it must be hard for him to be home everyday but I am so grateful that he is home with our little ones. He loves football and got to enjoy the USC victory in the student section. I am sure it was just crazy.
He recently got a new calling as the second counselor in the elder's quorm. Again we are way to young to have these grown up callings. It has been good for our family and we have refocused on trying to keep the commandments. Cam recently initiated us reading scriptures together before we go to bed. It has brought such a sweet spirit into our home. I love when he bares his testimony and in November he bore such a sweet testimony about our savior.
We recently celebrated our eighth anniversary. I can't believe we have been married eight years it seems like it has been such a short time.
The Langworthy family has been very very bust but we have had a lot of fun getting there. Hopefully it won't be such a long time before the next update.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
DO NOT CUT HALEY'S HAIR!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou guys sound so happy and I can't believe your Tay is in Kindergarten and reading so well WOW! What great parents you are!!!! Love and miss you guys!
ReplyDelete