I got news on Friday that I think could be good news but I am not quite sure yet. Haley has been coming to work with me for the last two months. It has been really hard. Having a crying baby in an office is tough, trying to keep her entertained in an office is extremely tough, then having any energy to be a mom to Taylor is just impossible. I have been feeling like something in my life needed to change because I just couldn't handle it.
Then I got news on Friday I can no longer bring Haley to work with me. I have no desire to be away from my baby girl for 40 hrs a week. I just won't do it. They knew where I stood and have offered me to work from home full time. I would no longer be able to supervise my staff, (obviously because I am not going to be in the office)and I am not quite sure but I think it might involve a pay cut. I find out more on Monday. I am thinking that I would still go into the office maybe a few hours on Tuesday and Thursday to pick up and drop work off. I would probably want to have weekly meetings with my boss.
I think I am excited about it but I am struggling with it. Part of me feels like I have let both my bosses down. (I know that this sounds dumb but I would be letting myself down if I worked full time with Haley in day care.) I would not necessarily get paid for working 40 hours a week but for accomplishing certain tasks which means if I wanted to go to play group on Friday's I could, if I wanted to walk the mall with some sisters from relief society I could. I no longer would have to get up at 4:00 to hit the gym, (which hasn't happened much lately anyways.)
I am thinking that it sounds really good and am trying not to get too excited. Here is the funny thing I don't know why when I found out I cried and cried and cried. Maybe I just needed time to process the information but this sounds just absolutely amazing.
Wish me luck and let's home it all works out for everyone involved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow Kris sounds like a blessing indeed! I don't know how you've juggled school, work, and fam so well in the past, seems overwhelming and this sounds like a huge relief. You are superwoman!! And now you get to be superwoman at home....LIVE IT UP!
ReplyDelete