Friday, June 12, 2009

The Letter

I had been waiting for my CPA exam results since May 22nd. My stomache was in knots if I didn't pass this exam I would have to retake BEC. It was cause of much anxiety in my life. I had begun looking on the internet for any information. I found a blog that I checked regulary about when the scores should be posted and what everyone was saying about them. It didn't change regularly but I was obsessed. I wanted to know what my results were. I had Cam checking the mail 3 or 4 times a day. AGAIN I WAS OBSESSED. I called the state board and arranged a deal that I could e-mail her every friday to see if my results were in. I called NASBA (the national board) to see where my results were. Finally I was told that I would have results would be released by NASBA in mid June to my state board and then it would go from there and to contact my state board if I had anymore questions. I had given up. I knew the only thing to do know was wait.





A couple days went by. I still checked the mail everyday in hope for something exciting but nothing ever came. On Thursday the 4th I get a phone call from my very cute and funny husband. He had just checked the mail and I had a letter from the state board of accountancy. I asked him to please open the letter. (I know he wasn't moving slow on purpose but it felt like forever.) He finally said "It's just a letter stating that your exam results will be mailed shortly." I thought that was a little wierd I hadn't received one of those before so I asked him if he was teasing. He said yeah it's your results. My heart stopped pounding. This is the moment that I had been waiting for. Okay what does it say. Cam thinking that he was going to be funny said, I can't read it. It's in some foreign language. I said come on Cam hurry it up. He said, "okay, let's see, where do I find the score?" By now I was pretty sure I might have passed because he would not carry on like this if there was bad news. However until he told me for sure I was not going to get my hopes up. He went on and started reading the letter from the top. "Kristy K Langworthy, 2255 Don......" ME: "Cam come on your killing me." It felt like eternity that he teased me but finally he said "You passed!" My heart lept. I was so excited. I felt frantic. I was standing outside my bosses office and knocked. He opened the door. "I PASSED" I shouted. I called my other boss. Again frantic, extatic, bouncing off the walls. This is what I had been working towards. This is what I wanted since I was 14, when I took that first accounting course with Ms. Gardner. I had accomplished something so great.


I wrote that right after I had found out that I had passed my exams. How very funny I am still we are now in to November don't get me wrong I am still very excited. It is an amazing accomplishment but the giddieness has kind of worn down.

No comments:

Post a Comment